Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world. We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you'll be part of
As Nokia's growth engine, we create value for communication service providers and enterprise customers by leading the transition to cloud-native software and as-a-service delivery models. Our inclusive team of dreamers, doers and disruptors push the limits from impossible to possible.
We are looking for DevOps Engineer for our DevOps toolchain, who will possess expertise in SW solution design, architecture, and hands-on development, testing, and deployment of complex Big Data Applications utilizing variety of Big Data technologies. This architect will have excellent understanding and experience with programming and scripting languages such as Python, R, Java and strong experience in using open source framework. Besides a technical skillset, the SME will look at the whole picture and implement a way of working that supports both business & development teams.
If you join us, you will have the opportunity to apply your engineering skills, your deep knowledge and experience in designing systems and solutions that will be deployed globally to our Nokia customers.
What you will learn and contribute to
Are you passionate about creating solutions, solving problems and developing skills in the latest, cutting edge networks?
As part of our team, you will:
- Drive transformation such as DevOps, Continuous Integration, Delivery & Deploy, increased level of test automation
- Be responsible for DevOps design, issues, and solutions while working with application development to coordinate on-time delivery commitments and document them.
- Acts as a point of contact for SW delivery, with the ability to identify service and process candidates, and clearly document and communicate design recommendations across functional teams.
- Participates and assists functional leaders and senior architects in the design, development and SW implementation; contributes to determine technical and operational feasibility of solutions.
- Prototyping and interfacing with technical support and other IT areas could be required during the implementation process.
- Had the responsibility for specifying, planning, reporting, designing, reviewing in his/her technical area. Coaches other team members in solving complex engineering problems. Undertakes technical training responsibilities and other activities as deem necessary.
- Be working with Nokia cognitive services platform. It is a cloud-based platform that combines big data storage, intelligent analytics and extreme automation, allowing Telecom operators to move away from traditional reactive network operations to a cognitive approach that predicts faults and solves them rapidly. As well as delivering today's expert services, Cognitive services will facilitate a more efficient and faster delivery of Nokia services across the entire network lifecycle. This means Care services, Network implementation, Network Planning and Optimization and Managed Services are supported, with more to come as Nokia continues to move towards cloud-based delivery of services, artificial intelligence and contextualized delivery. Cognitive services ensures low latency, high throughput and extreme resilience of the network. These elements will be key to support operators explore new business areas in the connected world.
- Secure implementation of agreed way of working in the toolchain
- Act as Subject Matter Expert within the toolchain and its building blocks
- Development and maintenance of the DevOps toolchain following Nokia IT recommendation
- Secure operational efficiency, technology and methodology development on both short and long term
- Support technical experts/feature owners defining needed content solution
- Create architectural standards on how use case can be implemented on top of Cognitive services platform.
- Produces and maintains technical specifications, user stories, and other similar artifacts
- Reviews code and related documentation (requirements, design documents, user documentation including training material)
- Actively shares and distributes technical information within Cognitive services software Architect team
- Follows new features and changes in external systems and open source components
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or Statistical related discipline.
- Experience on design complex and distributed SW architecture for highly available and scalable systems using existing framework/platform
- Experience with designing and developing web services in a model-driven approach
- Experience in working in Continuous Integration/Delivery SW process
- Experience programming with either Java, Scala
- Knowledge of Design Pattern paradigm
- Experience in Object-Oriented and resource based design
- Ability to write and maintain clear end-user documentation including design documentation, Service APIs, Use Cases, and Data definitions
- Experience in agile software development
- Experience in using Apache Spark, Kafka
- Contributions to open source projects are a plus
- DevOps competencies:
- Being able to work in Linux is a must
- Scripting language experience (ex: Python)
- Bash scripting experience
- Cloud: understanding basic concepts, Microsoft Azure
- Docker containers
- Terraform scripts
- Helm Charts
- Effectively communicate, influence, partner, and deliver in a highly demanding and collaborative team-based environment
- Prioritizing work across multiple projects, risk identification, issue resolution
- Holistic view and conceptual thinking
- Business and performance driven
- Coaching individuals and teams
- A global and flexible mindset/attitude and cultural and diversity awareness
- Self-motivated and strong driving force for driving change and implementation
- Good written and spoken English.
It would be nice if you also had:
- Experience in using notebooks like Zeppelin and BI tools for data analysis
- Big data stack knowledge (HDFS, Mesos)
- Exposure to service governance policies, service portfolio and release management
- Knowledge of telecommunication networks and basic understanding of configuration management, performance management and fault management data.
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered. Company Culture: We believe our people are our greatest asset and we aim to foster a fun, challenging, positive, and inclusive work environment. We offer 1-on-1 mentorship, learning and development opportunities, global impact and interaction, and flexible work/life balance.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.