ELECTROTECHNICAL ENGINEER // ENGENHEIRO ELETROTÉCNICO
With Professional Experience
The Riedel R&D Hub Department in Portugal is part of the Managed Technology Divison and follows a project related to new technologies applied in the competition and evaluation of nautical sports. We are currently located near the sea to better respond to challenges of broadcasting of sporting events with international scale, related to Surf, Sailing, Rowing and Swimming, and to work in the development of equipment for real-time performance evaluation.
The Managed Technologies Division provides radio and intercom services, event IT solutions as well as fibre-based and wireless audio and video transmission systems for major events such as the Olympic Games, FIFA World Cups or our latest success story, the 36th America's Cup.
The company is headquartered in Wuppertal and employs over 600 people at 20 locations (including Dubai, Sydney, London, Tokyo or Montreal) in Europe, Australia, Asia and North America.
We look for Electrotechnical Engineer, to integrate a young and dynamic team for the development and production of electronic equipment:
- Development, simulation, design of electronic circuits, sensors and prototyping;
- Drawing up of schematics and PCBs
- Design, assemble and test electronic equipment for monitoring (data acquisition and processing systems and sensors);
- Development of firmware for microcontrollers and embedded systems (microprocessor Programming, e.g. Arduino)
- Definition, implementation and monitoring of standards and quality measures, defined in together with the technical team;
- Planning and execution of tasks with reports of development of activities and evolution of projects.
- Independent planning, design, implementation and testing of web components focused on usability, responsive design, and browser interoperability
- Collaboration with the web backend team through interface design and implementation
- Participate in design and code reviews, both formal and agile
- Responsibility for parts of the software architecture of our systems
- Participation in design and code reviews in agile and formal form
- Use innovative signal processing tools, sensor fusion, and machine learning techniques
- New feature development and changes, improvements, and updates to existing Sensor software
- Masters or Bachelor of Engineering, in the following or similar disciplines: Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrotechnical and Computer Engineering
- Knowledge in the areas of electronics, mechatronics, and instrumentation
- Metrology and calibration processes
- Ability to Welding
- Knowledge within modelling and control of dynamic systems
- Experience with MATLAB
- Problem solving skills when developing a project
- Strong organisational capacity and sense of responsibility
- Pro-active team player with independent working method
- Strong communication and interdisciplinary thinking, especially in cooperation with other divisions
- Good communication skills with the ability to think across-the-board and willing to work closely with other business functions.
- Fluent in English spoken and written
Be part of the team and grow with us!
To achieve our goals, we are always looking for highly motivated and qualified employees to join our global family and grow with us.
Riedel provides a creative and collaborative work environment, with great challenges. We believe and promote employee career advancement and offer flexible schedule as well as sustainable learning.
If this speaks to you, come join us on our success story and be amazing with us!
RIEDEL Communications GmbH & Co. KG
Uellendahler Str. 353
+49 (0) 202 292 90