Responsabilities and Tasks of the Job
As a backend engineer, you are responsible for building and running our backend systems. You will collaborate with product owners, UX designers, shopfloor consultants, data scientists and frontend engineers to develop user-centric features. You will use your experience, knowledge and skills to design, implement, test, deploy and operate a diverse ecosystem of microservices running on AWS. Now and then, you will put your excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills into action to restore faulty services.
- Knowledge in building and managing microservices.
- Experience with REST API, GraphQL or gRPC design, implementation & testing.
- Experience with test automation (beyond unit testing) and concepts such as TDD, BDD is a plus.
- Familiar with Continuous Integration/Delivery/Deployment and tools such as CircleCI or GitHub Actions.
- Experience with frameworks such as Spring Boot or Flask.
- Familiar with relational databases (Postgres), NoSQL databases (AWS DynamoDB).
- Familiar with AWS services, such as ECS, Lambda, Kinesis, SNS, SQS, RDS, and S3.
- Familiar with Docker and the concept of containers.
- Familiar with the concept and implementations of infrastructure-as-code, e.g. with Terraform or Ansible.
- Familiar with observability concepts and tools.
- Experience working in a DevOps team is an advantage.
- Experience in Scrum, Kanban or Scrumban.
- Fluency in English; German and other languages are a plus.
- Experience in IIoT and manufacturing industry is a plus.
What we offer
- Opportunity to make an impact as part of a talented international team of experienced software developers
- A supporting environment to explore and grow.
- The opportunity to work independently and shape your area of work according to your strengths.
- Learn about and help shape modern software development processes.