Technical Test Engineer
Simple Tech is a technology company with a passion for PEOPLE. We strive to make technology work better to PEOPLE’s lives by making it as painless and as uncomplicated as possible. In everything that we do, we test the boundaries of technology. We innovate, we learn, we refine and we continually improve ensuring that in everything that we do, our clients will always win and get the maximum value of technology.
When you join us, you are part of our family. You will grow with us and we will grow with you. You will have many challenges that will make you learn.
One key part of the delivery process is testing the quality of what Developers have produced. While manual testing remains important, more and more aspects of the solution are tested in an automated fashion, including not only new features and regression but also visual aspects, performance, and compatibility.
As a Technical Test Engineer, we expect you to be proactive, innovative, a strong communicator, and we expect you to work closely with the other agile team members. You will be a key contributor in the successful delivery of software projects.
You would also be responsible for the following:
- Defining the technical testing and test automation approaches, in close collaboration with the Test Lead on the project; this includes the tools, technologies, and techniques to be used.
- Planning, analysis, authoring, and execution of technical tests and automated tests, validating that the software indeed meets its’ acceptance criteria.
- Ensuring test reports are generated, and validating/presenting the results as and when needed.
- Coaching other members in technical testing and test automation.
- Consistently maintain the quality of the work, living up or exceeding standards and expectations.
Who you are
We expect qualifying candidates to meet the following criteria:
- 3-6 years of strong experience in Software Testing life cycle.
- Good attitude: respectful, good work ethics, want to learn and contribute.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong experience in Automation Testing tool: Selenium WebDriver and/or Cypress.
- Strong analytical skills.
- High standard when it comes to the quality of the deliverables (code, reports, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with quick turnaround.
- Excellent knowledge on web application testing, including performance testing.
- Experience in writing automation test scripts.
- Experience in synthetic testing and RUM.
- Experience in performance testing tools, like LoadUI, LoadRunner, JMeter, Gatling, etc.
- Experience in developing automation suites using various (BDD) frameworks, like Cucumber, JBehave, JUnit, etc.
- Experience in build tools (such as Maven, Gradle, NPM, etc.)
- Experience in CI/build servers (such as Jenkins, CircleCI, Bamboo, etc.)
- Experience in git-based version control systems (such as Bitbucket or GitHub)
- Experience in API testing.
- Experience in developing test plans, and test cases.
- Experience in agile development projects (e.g. based on Scrum or Kanban).
Additionally, the following are considered beneficial:
- Experience in working with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Experience in container technologies (such as Docker and Kubernetes)
- Experience in testing of microservices-based architectures.
- Experience in testing of applications on mobile devices, multi-platform.
- Experience in User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Experience in coaching and mentoring.
- Experience in writing or reviewing QA strategies.
What do we offer
- Possibility of participation in international recognition projects
- Career development
- Challenging work
Workplace: Guimarães, Portugal
To apply for this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and an optional cover letter.