Android Developer - Jumia (Full Time)
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia's ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people's lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
- Participating in a fast and agile team to develop complex web-based applications;
- Autonomy interpreting business/technical requirements, designing, implementing and testing high-quality solutions;
- Constant aim for quality, scalability, performance and architecture keeping good practices, security and compliance in check;
- Maintain existing codebase, including troubleshooting bugs and adding new features;
- Respect and follow the code of conduct, general rules and principles of the company.
- Solid experience with Java and Kotlin;
- Familiarity with modern software architectures (MVVM,MVP);
- Solid experience with working with and consuming REST APIs;
- Experience in developing Android UI applying material design principles, patterns, and best practices;
- Higher education in IT, Software development or equivalent;
- Strong analytical as well as excellent communication and coordination skills;
- Solution-oriented and proactive attitude;
- Eager to work in a team environment and share know-how;
- Easily adapts to new situations and changes;
- Keen attention to detail and is organized;
- Fluency in English.
- Familiarity with the use of Dagger2 as a dependency injection:
- Familiarity with real-time communication using WebSockets;
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools (Jenkins, HockeyApp);
- Experience in working in a SCRUM/ AGILE environment.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures