Frontend Developer - Jumia (Full Time)
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia's ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people's lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Be part of an agile team that develops smart logistics solutions on a service-oriented architecture using state-of-the-art technologies
In particular, you will:
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary team (Backend developers, DevOps, QA engineers, Product Owners) oriented to continuous delivery
- Work across the entire product life cycle: concept, design, development, deployment, testing, release, support
- Construct and verify (unit test) software components to meet design specifications
- Take ownership for your code to be qualitatively high and you will support your colleagues in code reviews.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Write and test interactive, clean, secure, and efficient solutions;
- Help maintain a high-level quality code by reviewing your teammates' code;
- Continuously improve our codebase, systems, and processes.
- Keen to learn new technologies and have ideas about how we can make things better;
- Being passionate, self-driven, and working with little supervision towards a common team or company purpose;
- Excellent communication skills and being able to work independently or in a full team
Professional Skills & Qualifications:
- A professional with 2+ years of frontend web experience;
- Proficient with at least one widely adopted single page application (SPA) architecture;
- Know module bundlers and task runners such as Webpack, Parcel, Rollup, Browserify, Grunt or Gulp;
- Semantic documents using HTML;
- Developing great user interfaces;
- Creating a testable code and make testing a priority;
- Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban;
- Passionate for coaching other engineers and building a strong team culture;
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures