Fullstack Developer - Jumia (Full Time)
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia's ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people's lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
YOUR WORK-LIFE OPPORTUNITY:
The logistics team is responsible for improving time efficiency for our customers, riders, and partner stores. The team leverages machine learning, combinatorial mathematics, and operations research techniques to build services that make smart matching decisions and minimize the staleness of the fleet.
In particular, you will:
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary team (Developers, DevOps, QA engineers, Product Owners) oriented to continuous delivery
- Work across the entire product life cycle: concept, design, development, deployment, testing, release, support
- Write module, well-organized code.
- Construct and verify (unit test) software components to meet design specifications
- Take ownership for your code to be qualitatively high and you will support your colleagues in code reviews.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable modules
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
- At least 3 years of previous working experience in web development;
- Previous working knowledge with Golang or PHP;
- Nodejs and Elasticsearch knowledge will be kindly welcomed.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Excellent communication skills and being able to work independently or in a full team
- Proficient with MySQL;
- Experienced with web serverside and clientside technologies;
- Working knowledge of Symfony framework or similar;
- Experienced with Version Control technologies (GIT);
- Aware of Performance and Security topics on web development
- Preferably previous commercial experience in Web Application development and/or software development;
- Some knowledge of the Linux command line.
Personal qualities & behavioral traits:
- Enthusiasm and an interest in all things technology;
- Solution-oriented and proactive attitude;
- Likes problem analysis and solving;
- Eager to work in a team environment and share knowhow - Easily adapts to new situations and changes;
- Has keen attention to detail and is organized.
Academic & trades qualifications
- Higher education in IT, Software development;
- Experience of the full software development life cycle: from requirements gathering and functional specification to development, testing, and delivery
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal.
A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
- A second home where you will find opportunities for growth and career development. The benefits list includes (but is not limited to) health insurance, parental bonus, snacks, fruits, and bonuses based on your excellent results.