We are a fast-growing startup in Porto dedicated to designing and building games that can be used in every situation of your daily life. We believe our games have the power to make a real impact and we are constantly seeking new and creative ways to use them.
Are you ready to take on exciting technical challenges? We are looking for a Backend Developer 💻 who will be working with a strong & dynamic team to improve and expand our product using a distributed architecture.
𝘓𝘦𝘵'𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬 𝘵𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘪𝘤 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘨𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘳𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘮𝘰𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘭𝘺!
What you will do 🔍
- Build highly performant, scalable, and fault-tolerant services;
- Model relational and non-relational data;
- Develop robust, reusable, and maintainable code;
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues;
- Proactively look for ways to improve the codebase and workflow.
What you need to have 🤓
- Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent;
- Solid understanding of the web technology stack;
- Strong knowledge of Python;
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, or similar databases;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Be disciplined about writing unit and integration tests.
Bonus points if you… 🏆
- Have familiarity with Scrum/Agile development methodologies;
- Have contributed to open-source projects;
- Have used popular frameworks for Python, such as Django or Flask;
- Have used a virtual environment manager;
- Feel comfortable with Git;
- Have a strong DevOps mindset (you truly care about the end-to-end software development life cycle).
Why Darwin? 🎲
- Office space in Porto
- A hybrid working model
- Health insurance
- Opportunity to become one of the first in a fast-growing startup
- Great professional development in an innovative and modern technology-driven company
- Strong team-oriented culture driven by passion and quality
- Creative work environment
More than the comfort we offer, we are proud of our work.
Be part of the evolution. Evolve the game with us!