Medior Back-end Developer
- Interact with the business and IT people (architects, functional analysts, product owners, data scientists, developers)
- Participate in the data transformation program.
- As part of this program, we are re-engineering our enterprise data platform and machine learning solutions and moving to a CDP technology stack (Cloudera Data Platform).
In this re-engineering and migration, you will take ownership of the project from start to finish and collaborate on key product decisions by leading the process of architecting, designing, building, documenting, and testing enterprise graphQL fast read APIs as part of the delivery layer of the Enterprise Data Platform.
Those APIs will be developed in NestJs and Typescript on top of a document database like Couchbase.
Requirements & Experience:
- You are an IT professional with a minimum of 5 years of proven experience in back-end APIs development, database modelling and consumption
- You are eager to learn new technologies, and you like sharing knowledge and documenting solutions with the right level of detail
- You should possess as strong GraphQL knowledge allowing you to build a future proof and scalable schema, build perform-ant GraphQL and apply best practices in terms of security
- You should be able to improve database queries for more throughput and scalability
- You should possess extensive knowledge of NodeJs and TypeScript based services and experience in a similar role allowing you to design, build, document and intensively test those fast read GraphQL APIs with respect to logging, tracing and observation of the components
- You should be able to intensively use npm, nvm, git, jest, es-lint, sonarQube
- You have experience with CI/CD (Git, Jenkins / Gitlab CI, Ansible, Nexus)
- You should have experience in running complex background jobs
- Experience in Docker and Kubernetes is an advantage.
- Experience with the Cloudera products (HDFS, Ozone, Hive, Impala, Spark, Oozie, Atlas, Ranger, …) and real-time technologies is an advantage (Nifi, Kafka, Flink, Spark Streaming, …)
- You should be self-motivated with a high level of autonomy, able to work with Product Owners and back-end developers to deliver against a road-map you have agreed
- You should support other team members through code reviews and continuous feedback, act as a coach towards other team members (onsite and offshore)
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Knowledge of Dutch and/or French is an advantage
What can you expect from us?
Mind-blowing workplace culture. You will be integrated in a professional, dynamic and collaborative team.
100% Remote opportunities
We want you to have the flexibility to work where you feel most comfortable and productive.
You can expect professional growth and to be connect with the world.
We are represented in 2 European countries: Portugal and Belgium.
And with projects in many other countries: Netherlands, Luxembourg, Singapore and in the United States of America (and a lot more is coming…)
Extra Benefits & Perks
If you wish to work with us and you are outside European Union (good news…) we are a Tech Visa Company, We will help!
As a plus, we provide Health and Life Insurance.
Bridge351 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to build a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other legally protected characteristics.