Research Team Lead - Data Science
Data plays a central role in the transformation of industry, and the textile and clothing sector is no exception. That is why we, at CITEVE, see this as both a challenge and an opportunity, whether it is data related to engineering and product development, manufacturing process, logistics and distribution or information services, so we step forward. We are building a team of applied researchers to develop innovative solutions for the textile and clothing industry, and we need a team leader.
The candidate will join the Digital Transition Department and will have the responsibility to lead the data science group and its projects and initiatives and to successfully develop innovative and intelligent solutions for manufacturing and management processes, product engineering, and supply-chain challenges in the textile and clothing industry. He/she will be the business contact for all related projects.
The position is for full-time work at our facilities in Vila Nova de Famalicão, Portugal, with the possibility of a hybrid-remote regime.
Qualifications and experience
- MsC or PhD degree preferred in computer science, informatics, data science, or similar;
- 4+ years of experience in data science, AI, and machine learning projects and/or initiatives, for an industrial-related context;
- Experience in applied R&D projects and activities;
- Experience in project management;
- Strategic thinker able to develop applied research agendas in collaboration with industry;
- Don't be afraid to start from a blank sheet of paper;
- Team management skills;
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal (EN and PT);
- Must be comfortable with both in-person and video conferences;
- Strong organizational skills, with emphasis on priorities and goal setting;
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated, as well as to collaborate in a team environment.
- Remuneration based on your experience and skills;
- Health insurance plan;
- Being part of a research center with a renowned history in innovation and technology, and opening up new fields of research;
- Play a leading role in the process of innovation and creativity of new approaches and solutions for the sector;
- Development and training opportunities;
- Collaboration with European partners;
- Possibility of hybrid remote working.
Applicants should send a detailed CV and a list of projects or initiatives carried out and relevant to this position, with the reference RH37/2022, by 15/11/2022, to the following email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
CITEVE will only respond to selected applications for interviews.