Research Team Lead - Robotics and Automation (M/F)
Robotization is a game changer in all industries, and the textile and clothing sector is no exception. However, this industry remains highly dependent on human labour. There is a problem with the flexible nature of the textile, which makes its manipulation by robots extremely difficult. The fabric loses its geometry and orientation when manipulated by grippers, which makes the robot's job difficult. Operations such as sewing, a crucial operation in garment production, are still very dependent on human effort. The grippers themselves can cause damage to the fabrics. It is necessary to overcome these obstacles.
That is why we, at CITEVE, see this as both a challenge and an opportunity, and so we step forward. We are building a team of applied researchers to develop innovative solutions in robotics, automation and smart manufacturing for the textile and clothing industry, and we need a team leader.
The candidate will join the Digital Transition Department and will have the responsibility to lead the robotics and automation group and its projects and initiatives to successfully develop innovative and smart solutions on robotics, automation and smart manufacturing for the textile and clothing industry. He/she will be the business contact for all related projects.
The position is for full-time work at our facilities in Vila Nova de Famalicão, Portugal, with the possibility of a hybrid-remote regime.
Qualifications and experience
- MsC or PhD degree preferred in engineering, electronics or computer science;
- 4+ years of experience in robotics, especially with industrial robots, and preferably with flexible material handling
- Experience in applied R&D projects;
- Experience in project management;
- Desirable knowledge and experience with IoT-based systems and protocols, and sensors;
- Team management skills;
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal (EN and PT);
- Must be comfortable with both in-person and video conferences;
- Strategic thinker able to develop research agendas in collaboration with industry;
- Don't be afraid to start from a blank sheet of paper;
- Strong organizational skills, with emphasis on priorities and goal setting;
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated, as well as to collaborate in a team environment.
- Remuneration based on your experience and skills;
- Health insurance plan;
- Being part of a research center with a renowned history in innovation and technology, and opening up new fields of research;
- Play a leading role in the process of innovation and creativity of new approaches and solutions for the sector;
- Development and training opportunities;
- Collaboration with European partners;
- Possibility of hybrid remote working.
Applicants should send a detailed CV and a list of projects or initiatives carried out and relevant to this position, with the reference RH36/2022, by 15/11/2022, to the following email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
CITEVE will only respond to selected applications for interviews