Fintech Data Science - Business Analyst
Opplane specializes in providing advanced data-focused solutions for all industries including, financial services, telecommunication, manufacturing, and reg-tech to accelerate their digital transformation journey. Opplane leadership team is comprised of Silicon Valley serial entrepreneurs and experienced executives. Its expertise comes from years of specific industry experience at some of the world’s top companies, such as PayPal, Xerox Parc, Amazon, Wells Fargo, SoFi in the areas of product management, data technology, data governance, data privacy, security, machine learning, and risk management.
About the Team
The Data Science team in Opplane is growing fast, and we are in search of talented analysts that want to take on new challenges. Opplane is investing in the expansion of its Fintech Data Science program, as we see strong trends with digital transformation initiatives around the world. Opplane’s global presence across Western Europe, the United States, and India has proven to be a catalyst for success. Our growing family is here to provide mentorship and camaraderie as you search out your career.
Description: There is a trend in many industries right now where organizations are starting to realize the value of data and how leveraging it can help make better business decisions. This trend is driven by the increasing availability of internal and external data. There are problems that come with this new data; data lakes that are really data swamps, bad data quality, lack of clear ownership, increasing regulatory pressures, and selling untrustworthy data.
The Data Analyst will work with the Senior Product Manager and the data science team analysing client pain points both from the business and from the data perspective. He should dig deep into the business context and data structure and quality and proactively learn new tools and methods for driving business value. You will interact with global Opplane and client teams to accomplish success. Client facing, this role will focus on helping our customers and partners achieve digital transformation strategy success and help them expose and implement data insights. Delivering results at the client level is the key to our reputation and success of both parties.
We are looking for self-driven individuals that want to learn new tools and methodologies. We will teach and guide you along your journey and ensure you are setting forward on your goals. Come join our team and be a part of our growing family!
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Participating in agile delivery methods, utilizing tools such as Jira, Azure DevOps Server to track progression
· Work directly with customers to understand pain points, processes improvement areas, and overall perception of the requirement and goal
· Drive user adoption through business facing solutions and processes
· Adhere to best practices in data analysis and collection along with understanding the impacts of bad data
· Full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities, and design. Data analysts will develop analysis and reporting capabilities
· Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
· Drive customer facing demos
· Bachelor or master’s in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics (or similar);
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills in combination with technical knowledge;
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy;
· Expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining, and segmentation techniques;
· Experience in Requirements and Functional Analysis survey;
· Strong knowledge of databases (SQL) and ETL methods;
· Familiarity with using a variety of Data Analytics tools (from business intelligence through to machine learning) - R or Python is a plus;
· Good communication skills to be the interface between the technical team and the end customer;
· Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings;
· Mandatory: Proficient knowledge of English.
- SQL - 3 years of Experience
- Presentation & Requirements Analysis - 2+ years of experience
- PowerPoint / Word / Microsoft Suite - 1+ year of experience
Nice to Have’s:
- REST APIs & JSON - 1+ year of experience
- Data Privacy – CPRA, CCPS, GDPR, FTC - 1+ year of experience
- Knime Analytics - 1+ year of experience
- Collibra, Alation, Informatica - 1+ year of experience
- Python Programming - 1+ year of experience